First StepGetting preapproval/prequalified is one of the most important steps in purchasing a home. It’s FREE!
We need 5 basic items:
- Names of Borrower(s)
- Current Address
- Social Security Number(s)
- Two Year Employment History
- Monthly Gross Income
What not to do:
- Don’t purchase anything on credit.
- No new debts!
- Don’t let anybody pull your credit!
- Don’t use your credit cards!
- Don’t quit your job!
- Don’t make any cash or non payroll deposits!
- Don’t look at property needing major repairs without consulting with loan officer!
- All borrowers must have qualifying credit and income to be able to qualify for a mortgage loan.
- Different properties may qualify for different mortgage financing. Please consult with a real estate agent and loan officer.
- Unless you have 20% equity of downpayment, you will be required to escrow for your property taxes and homeowners insurance.
- What can you afford as a monthly house payment? Don’t forget about property taxes, homeowners insurance and some programs require monthly private mortgage insurance.
- Do you have a down payment?
- Are you working with a buyer’s real estate agent? I highly recommend a buyer’s represenative to help you and provide you the security of purchasing a home. (They are no cost to the buyer)
- Who would you like to use for your homeowners insurance?