Tennessee Housing Development AgencyLearn about THDA loans at our Loan Information Center
Down Payment Assistance Programs Through THDA
- Eligible Programs for THDA – Conventional, FHA, VA & RD
- 640 Minimum Score
- 45% Max DTI (No Credit Score option allowed – 36% DTI & 2 months reserves)
- First Time Home Buyer *(exemptions for targeted counties)
- Household Income Limits
- Acquisition Cost Limits
- Single Family Residence
- Owner Occupied Property
- Land Limit: 5 acres
- THDA-Specific Documents
- First Time Homebuyer’s Education Requirement
- Active Duty and Military Veterans
- THDA underwriters review the pay stub, VOE and tax return for the household income calculation.
- The DPA must be repaid if the home is no longer owner-occupied; within 30 years for the 5% Great Choice Plus.
- THDA’s servicing department is Volunteer Mortgage Loan Servicing, or VMLS for short.
- Targeted Areas – Repeat Homebuyers
- THDA Guidelines
- Eligibility Requirements & Conditions